DAMC was established in October 2009 and commenced to control as a Department from March 2010 with the appointment of a Director. the most reasons for its institution are: first, to higher equip and prepare the Ministry of Agriculture and Forests to cater to the requirements of the speedy transition of the Agriculture sector from a primarily subsistence to a serious economic system. Secondly, to strengthen the Ministry of Agriculture and Forests to effectively implement the Cooperative (Amendment) Act of Asian nation, 2009 (CAB 2009). The department has the subsequent vision, mission and strategic goals.
A spirited and responsive selling and cooperative establishment, supporting profitable and people-centered selling of RNR product, for each domestic and international markets conducive to property socio-economic development.
To promote selling of RNR product through promoting economical and effective selling systems, facilitating institutional linkages and strengthening farmers teams and cooperatives.
The following ar the objectives of the Department:
* reworking the RNR sectors from subsistence to plug familiarized farming therefore on bring enhancements in rural economy.
* to establish economical and effective promoting systems and structures to plug domestic markets.
* To develop and promote export markets for Bhutan’s RNR product.
* manufacture spirited institutional linkages with relevant stakeholders.
* Awareness and registration of Farmers groups and Cooperatives as per the CAB-2009 to administer legal entity
* observation and analysis of registered Farmers groups and Cooperatives.
* capability building of registered FG/Coops/Private Sector.
Department of Agricultural Marketing and Cooperatives(DAMC)
PABX No: + 975-2-322909, 335741,331638
Post Box:929 Fax: +975-2-324898
Location: Near Tashichhhodzong, Thimphu, Bhutan
Regional Agricultural Marketing and Cooperatives Office, DAMC,Mongar
PABX No: + 975-4-641227, 640233, 641322
Post Box: 126 Fax: +975-4-641252
Location: Trailing, Mongar, Bhutan
Regional Agricultural Marketing and Cooperatives Office, DAMC,Gelephu
Telephone No: + 975-6-252708
Location: Bhur,Gelephu, Bhutan
Bhutan Cooperative Shop (B-Coop Shop), Thimphu
PABX No: + 975-2-339131
Location: Chubachu(Opposite Handicraft Emporium), Thimphu, Bhutan
Centenary Farmers Market (CFM), DAMC, Thimphu
PABX No: + 975-2-330015
Location: CFM, Thimphu, Bhutan
- By Mapper
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org