“To be a premier national establishment for excellence in Integrated pesterer Management”
* to get pesterer management technologies that’s safe for human health and atmosphere.
* To publicize pesterer management technologies for effective adoption by farmers.
* to cut back crop losses to pesterer organisms,(quality & quantity) – economically acceptable level.
Plant Protection Services provided through the National Plant Protection Program:
* Pest Forecasting Services – Pre-warning and education on the epidemics
* Early warning Services – Informed Options for decision making
* Pest Information Services – For all clients (traders, investors, researchers, students, and so on)
* Pest Risk Analysis (PRA) – Export/Import and FDI investors
* Diagnostics Services – for all clients
* R&D – Pest Management Technology services
* Field Visits & Advisory – Back up, verification and validation
* Training & Education – Capacity building and updating on technologies
* Plant Protection Product Input management – Judicious use, Human health and environment concerns
History of NPPC
Plant protection services started since 1961 as Plant Protection (PP) unit below Department of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture and Forest with the role of providing PP services and distribution of chemicals. establishment of Plant Protection Program at Semtokha started with the onset of world organisation PP Project (1984-2000) that helped in organizing of PP input acquisition and provide system.
Regional Plant Protection Centres and Dzongkhag PP stores were established with PP inspectors with help from IPMDP – EU Project (1993-2000) that was dissolved in 2002. Since then , the centre is functioning because the pioneer establishment within the country with the mandate of functioning as a National Referral & coordinating centre for all PP activities which incorporates data management (surveillance & pesterer database) and pesterer Risk Analysis (PRA), analysis and Development (entomology, pathology, weed science, plant protection merchandise, vertebrate pests), laboratory and consultatory services and regional & international coordination and cooperative activities.
The Centre because the Apex establishment in National PP Program administer the PP program within the country therefore providing direction and steerage to the PP Program within the country, operate as a national referral & coordinating agency for all PP activities, be the repository centre of pesterer and plant protection merchandise data and be the authority to review, update and advocate applicable plant protection merchandise.
The Centre additionally develops & strengthens the elements of the PP Program framework for generating PP technologies for delivering effective PP services and enhance the delivery of PP Services.
- By Mapper
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org